Welcome to X-Men: Unhinged Evolution!

We are an alternate universe X-Men: Evolution roleplaying game that accepts canon/original characters and fun, creative writers. The time is set before season 1.

Mutants are not yet known to the public, but when superpowers are in the hands of hormonal teenagers who knows how long that will last. Professor Xavier is doing his best to delay the process by homing these young mutants and teaching them to control their powers. Magneto and Mystique are doing something similar.

So far, the only mutants living at the Xavier Institute are Ororo and Logan, whereas the Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House is virtually unoccupied.
Who will be next? Who will be the X-Men? Who will be the Brotherhood?

You decide.

Happy roleplaying!
-Your friendly neighborhood admins

| Rules | Premise | Cast List |
| Teams | Playbys | Powers |
| Apply | Canons | The Show |

username:
password:

Guanine
Adenine
Thymine
Cytosine

If you have a question or concern regarding the site, feel free to contact any one of us. We don't bite!

Current Year: 2017
Current Month: February
Current Weather: Cold air, Snows occasionally

Bayville gets slammed with a snow storm in early February and as such the high school is closed for a couple of days. Due to inclement weather, there will be no school February 6th and February 7th. Shovel out your vehicles then run back inside to warm up by the fire with some cocoa.

Don't forget that Winter Break is happening the week of February 20th through the 24th!

Use when starting IC threads:
Year 2017 Calendar

Listed At Mutant Revolution Online | Nexus: Redefined | | HH | ACADEMY X | We Are Warriors | | ANTIGRAVITY | MutantNova | FLAWED GENETICS | X-Men: Grandchildren of the Atom | X-Fusion | |

Vote for us!
| RPG Initiative Topsites

RPG-D

All copyrights reserved, X-Men: Unhinged Evolution is a product of Marvel's Franchise, the X-Men and the TV show series, X-Men: Evolution. No copyright infringement is intended. Unless otherwise stated, all other rights belong to XUE, do not take anything without explicit permission.

Skin Reformat: Adenine
Coding: Mich & Adenine & Sax
Graphics: Adenine & Sax
Sidebar: Dana & Adenine

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Girls About Town | X-23 and Ink, Monday, January 23rd, 7:30 PM
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Group: X-Men
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Self-healing, Feral, Claws
Codename: X-23
Sample Image
Written by: Raven
Cerebro File | Board History
Sample Image

Monday, January 23rd, 7:30 PM

Following rules was something X knew how to do. Everything about her existence at the Hydra facility had been about rules, rules enforced by punishments that took advantage of her healing factor, punishments that pushed her pain threshold beyond anything a child should ever know. Pain was just a sensation, just information. One of the few ways she’d been able to fight back was to show no response to their torture, enduring their ever increasing efforts stoically, watching their frustration with satisfaction. She would break a rule, in order to get punished, in order to watch them fail at making her suffer.

But then they’d discovered drowning.

She intuitively recognized drowning as a way she could be killed, and it threw her into a panic. Her handlers would wait until she took a lungful of water, or bleach, or acid, and then pull her out and revive her. The first time they did it and she’d vomited water all over the floor she’d screamed, and they knew they had her.

She knew how to follow rules, and she hated them.

But Professor Xavier had made it clear that if she was going to stay at the mansion, she had to check in and out, and if she left she had to go through the front door, putting the security measures on pause. She’d argued against the curfew, saying she preferred to be out at night, and had gotten the curfew of an older teen, 10 PM.

It was tolerable. Tolerable enough as long as she finally got to meet Logan. Meet him and destroy him.

It was 7 PM as she walked out the main gate, waving back at the student on duty, smiling her best fake smile. The girl smiled back and X felt something tight inside. Part of her hated the idea of actually acclimating to this place. Part of her longed for it more than anything.

She got on the bus at the stop in front of the mansion, ignoring the driver’s “You a little young to be gettin’ on a bus on yer own?”, showing her pass and then going to the back. She didn’t have a destination, she just needed to get out. Be free. Seven stops later the doors opened and the air smelled… right. She leapt out as the driver called out, “Be careful young lady, this isn’t a safe part of town.”

X didn’t want safe, she wanted freedom.

She walked a block before she heard the man following her. She paused. sniff Alcohol. Sickness. Desperation. She heard his elevated heart rate. Slowly she turned to face him. It would be so easy, he’d be dead before he’d even registered the claws coming out of her hand.

No.

No more killing. Just Logan, and then she’d be done. Done being the weapon they’d made her.

“Hey lil’ girl,” the man said, crouching down as he moved toward her.

“Pathetic,” she said, tightening the backpack on her shoulders before springing for a light pole. She shimmied up, ran along the arm, and leapt toward a building, catching a window sill, scaling the side of the building as the man on the street was still trying to figure out what had happened.

The night air was cold, but smelled fresh and clean. X got a running start and jumped from the roof of the building to the one adjacent. There was nothing fake about the smile on her face as her hair whipped behind her and she flew through the air.

Choryung Im
No New Posts
^
Choryung Im
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Ink blot
Sample Image
Group: Brotherhood
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Cellular control of ink
Codename: Ink
Sample Image
Written by: Mina
Sample Image

Freedom was something new to Tak as well, since back in Wonsan, that was only an impractical fantasy. Sure, there was no curfew and she could go out if she wanted, but the police and military that roamed the streets at night were even less friendly than the ones patrolling the streets in broad daylight. That and the fact that nearly all the city's power was shut off after dark, and the city went from being that to a place of literal darkness. If there was anything worse than rules, it was implied regulations: do what you want...but at your own expense.

But New York was nothing like Wonsan, and for that Tak couldn't be happier. It was just a pity that her foster parents were too concerned with their own well-being, and living there in any semblance of comfort was just not possible. So she ran away.

A full weekend had gone by and Tak was loving it, and hating it at the same time. Saturday she spent the night in Walmart, and Sunday she'd been filling up at a tattoo parlor. Both stayed open too late and she planned on sleeping in the school library tonight but she needed to wait for the janitors to leave...and that left her with time to kill.

So now, Tak was off exploring the streets of Bayville. While to most people, it was just a small town and nothing to sneeze at, she was loving the place for its quiet cleanliness and abundance of food. Which speaking of food....she would need to start thinking about ways to earn money...or get good at shoplifting. Living off just ink was fine, but too often, Tak found herself practically drooling over the passing scents of food. Perhaps tonight would be a night of doing so.

She was looking up and around to make a mental map of the place when in her right peripheral she spotted something moving on the roof. With a curious tilt of her head, Tak quickened her pace to get a better look. Whoever this person was, they were wasting no time and Tak had collapsed down into ink to catch up.

What had started with a leisurely walk on the curb had turned into a full on ink speeding onto the sides of the building and eventually the rooftops. Ink was gaining on whom she finally made out to be a young girl. Her liquid heart was throbbing throughout her puddled form, but for once in her life, it had been out of excitement, not fear.

Once she was within several yards of the girl, Ink gradually went from a bolting blob to a black forming figure that eventually melted away. The fact that she was dressed head to toe in black made for an easier transition, she just didn't want to scare the girl into fleeing. But in human form, Tak wasn't much of a runner and at best, she was jogging with a slight panting. If at any point the younger looking girl turned around, Tak waved to her timidly.
No New Posts
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

There was nothing in the World like running free.

The bellows of her lungs sucking in air and pushing it out, the light tap of her feet against the asphalt roofs, the exploding pulse of her heart as she kept her pace consistent, fast, trusting her body to take her smoothly from building to building.

Why did Logan even matter? What would it actually do to kill him? She could just run away, to anywhere in the World, and be free.

Logan mattered because he was the source, as the computer files had told her. He was the reason she had been made, and the reason others of her kind would be made unless she stopped him. She would stop him. But not tonight.

Tonight she ran free.

Her peripheral vision was attuned to the shadows, to the slight movements of people living on the street, to the vermin crawling into darkness from any threat of light. She saw but didn’t register the flow of inky blackness moving near her. Until she saw it still with her three buildings later. This was her free time. Who dared follow her?

Rage!

She whirled about, head on a swivel, eyes wide as she sought to pin down the threat. Instinctively she moved into the shadows, her black bodysuit blending her into the dark. She couldn’t see anything, but she knew there had been something moving. Moving when she’d been moving.

X emerged from the shadows and took the next gap between buildings at a run, diving and landing in a roll. Immediately she turned to face the person following her, taking a ready stance, keeping her claws withdrawn for the moment. There stood a dark-haired girl dressed all in black, waving as if she’d followed X all this way just to say ‘hi’. Was that possible? Did people do that? While knowing multiple languages, advanced chemistry, and being an expert in geography, X had very little knowledge of human social customs.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP HERE? WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?"

She heard her voice, angry and loud over the rooftops, and it seemed a violation. Up here was special, apart. This other person was not a threat, perhaps they too were enjoying the gift of roof jumping.

Focus.

”You surprised me,” said by way of explanation. "You do not seem hostile… what is your purpose?”

Choryung Im
No New Posts
^
Choryung Im
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Ink blot
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Why was she running? And after a young girl she didn't even know? Oh sure, it felt liberating to run free, but what if she was chasing after some deadly killer?

Even despite asking herself that, Tak kept running and running, but while she did not slow down, she wasn't any faster either. However, when the girl had disappeared into the shadowy darkness around them, Tak did start to slow down. Before she could even slow to a stop to try and see if she could spot her out, the agile girl sprang out again and put a roof's distance between them.

The angry booming bass of the girl's voice caused Tak to flinch so much, she literally dissolved into a big cowardly black puddle. Sweet buddha did that girl have a voice on her! She wasn't expecting such a big exclamation from a girl so young!

But then....the girl's voice seemed to soften, and as a result, Tak slowly rose from the dark mass on the roof's flooring to inflate back to human shape. She sheepishly clasped her arms behind her while tilting her head. "I sorry....you look like you.....were....having fun. And I wanted too." She admitted honestly, hoping the girl might understand. "Are you....running away?" Tak slowly approached but kept a respectable distance. "I not hurt you. I don't want to..."
No New Posts
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

There were only two reasons X-23 could think of for someone to be stalking her over the rooftops - to kill her, or worse, to recapture her. Both of them would significantly decrease the fun factor and the freedom factor, the two reasons she was jumping roof gaps to begin with. But neither reason really made sense with how her shadow was behaving. Whoever was following her wasn’t being very careful, and there was only one of them. Who would send only one?

Hydra would send a team and would take her out on sight.

If that S.H.I.E.L.D. place wanted her for breaking in she was sure they would send a team. They didn’t usually have mutants.

So there had to be a third reason for her shadow and when she couldn’t figure it out it was time to ask. Or shout.

Of all the things she expected, a girl who melted into a puddle of ooze wasn’t one of them.

”Are you okay… oh…” She watched the inky puddle a moment, recognizing that the girl was a mutant, wondering what power she might bring to bear. Was this mutant powerful enough to take her out… another one of Hydra’s weapons? She didn’t smell of violence or aggression. She smelled… nice.

Maybe the third reason was the same reason that X was roof-jumping.

When the other girl finally spoke her accent was thick but her words were clear enough. X-23 found herself answering honestly. ”I was having fun… I need the flow to forget, to feel free…” She was putting to words a feeling that was hard to describe, that she normally wouldn’t try to describe, but caught in the middle of it, it was easier to do. ”I already ran away,” she said, shaking her head, ”Now I am…” She was going to speak of the Xavier Institute but suddenly wondered if she was supposed to. Could she invite this mutant back with her?

”I will not hurt you either,” she said, amusement in her tone. She walked toward the other girl. ”I am X-23… are you… are you running away?”

Choryung Im
No New Posts
^
Choryung Im
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Ink blot
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Tak still didn't even know why she was doing this. Following some young girl she didn't even know and had never seen before. Why? It didn't make sense, but for once, Tak wasn't looking to logic for an answer...or even an answer at all. Just like this girl, she needed to run, be wild, be free!

When she reformed back to human and the young girl asked if she was okay, Tak nodded quickly. "I am fine...you scared me." Tak wasn't sure she could take on this girl either, not that she would want to. She had an incredible reflex for flight at this point in time, but certainly not flight. However, if this girl's ability to shout was any indication, perhaps Tak could learn the latter from her.

Relief washed over her when the girl seemed to calm down and answered that she was indeed just trying to let loose and even ran away! Was she the victim of an abusive home life too? Was she hiding from someone? Or had something happened to her family? Tak wanted to ask all these questions and more but she also realized that that was a very personal imposition for someone she had just met. Baby steps, Im.

"Exxusu....twuntee th'ee..." She repeated slowly, trying hard to enunciate her name as accurately as her tongue would allow. Tak was used to hearing weird names since being in America but was.....having a number for a name normal even by American standards? It didn't matter, Tak was more than aware of how odd her name sounded to people here.

Even though her heart was still pounding a bit, it was slowing down and Tak felt strangely at easy with the girl and felt herself almost smile at her questions. "My name is Tak. I run away too, yes." She admittedly earnestly, feeling a sense of bonding through their mutual social standing. "Do.....you need sleeping place? I have place for you if need one..." She asked timidly, feeling a slight sisterly concern for such a young girl to be be out on her own.
No New Posts
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: May 5 2017, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

”You can just call me X… “ Hearing her name in the other girl’s accent just made it all the more obvious how abnormal she was. She didn’t have a name, just a label. She was a mutant. She’d been trained by some kind of government organization to be a weapon. She didn’t belong here. ”It is what I was called at the lab…” She shrugged as if it didn’t bother her though even in the dark her snarl was visible. ”Where they made me. Where I ran away from.” She cocked her head to the side. ”Where did you run away from?” How many of their kind started in some facility somewhere? Were mutants just born, or were they made? Professor Xavier had a way of answering questions in a way that left more questions behind.

She took a couple of steps toward Tak. ”I did not mean to scare you, well… I did, but you understand. People like you and me need to be careful. Others want to use us.” She tried to smile at Tak, she’d been practicing after all, but it still resembled a grimace of pain more than an actual smile. ”I have a place to stay for right now… some good people there…” She chewed on her lip a moment. Professor Xavier had said she shouldn’t tell people the purpose of his institute, but Tak was obviously a mutant. Like her and the others. Wouldn’t he want her to know about what was available? ”What kind of place are you staying Tak?”

Choryung Im
No New Posts
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Add Reply Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll