Welcome to X-Men: Unhinged Evolution!

We are an alternate universe X-Men: Evolution roleplaying game that accepts canon/original characters and fun, creative writers. The time is set before season 1.

Mutants are not yet known to the public, but when superpowers are in the hands of hormonal teenagers who knows how long that will last. Professor Xavier is doing his best to delay the process by homing these young mutants and teaching them to control their powers. Magneto and Mystique are doing something similar.

So far, the only mutants living at the Xavier Institute are Ororo and Logan, whereas the Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House is virtually unoccupied.
Who will be next? Who will be the X-Men? Who will be the Brotherhood?

You decide.

Happy roleplaying!
-Your friendly neighborhood admins

| Rules | Premise | Cast List |
| Teams | Playbys | Powers |
| Apply | Canons | The Show |

username:
password:

Guanine
Adenine
Thymine
Cytosine

If you have a question or concern regarding the site, feel free to contact any one of us. We don't bite!

Current Year: 2017
Current Month: February
Current Weather: Cold air, Snows occasionally

Bayville gets slammed with a snow storm in early February and as such the high school is closed for a couple of days. Due to inclement weather, there will be no school February 6th and February 7th. Shovel out your vehicles then run back inside to warm up by the fire with some cocoa.

Don't forget that Winter Break is happening the week of February 20th through the 24th!

Use when starting IC threads:
Year 2017 Calendar

Listed At Mutant Revolution Online | Nexus: Redefined | | HH | ACADEMY X | We Are Warriors | | ANTIGRAVITY | MutantNova | FLAWED GENETICS | X-Men: Grandchildren of the Atom | X-Fusion | |

Vote for us!
| RPG Initiative Topsites

RPG-D

All copyrights reserved, X-Men: Unhinged Evolution is a product of Marvel's Franchise, the X-Men and the TV show series, X-Men: Evolution. No copyright infringement is intended. Unless otherwise stated, all other rights belong to XUE, do not take anything without explicit permission.

Skin Reformat: Adenine
Coding: Mich & Adenine & Sax
Graphics: Adenine & Sax
Sidebar: Dana & Adenine

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Bump in the Night, Part 2
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

What?
Sample Image
Group: X-Men (Admin)
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Intangibility
Codename: Shadowcat
Sample Image
Written by: Thymine
Cerebro File | Board History
Sample Image

This thread is the continuation of Audition for X-23: Bump in the Night

The Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters
Friday, January 20th; 12:03 AM

Kitty's new dorm mate, Aaliyah was promised out for the evening, working on some studies in the library. It was the first chance she'd really had to a night alone since everything went down. Most of the time, she was eating with everyone, in recreation with everyone, learning her way around the institute, learning about her mutation, etcetera. She was always with someone.

Given that it had only been a few days since her birthday, and she was far too embarrassed to try on any of the outfits her mother had gotten her in front of the others, AND was too paranoid to smoke a (medicinal) bowl with A-Type Aaliyah sniffing around all the time, it was finally the perfect night to just relax and look adorbs. She hadn't gotten in trouble for her prescribed headache reliever yet, even if she didn't technically need the stuff. But maybe that was because she hadn't smoked anything yet... or maybe Xavier had migraines, too, and totally got it. Who knew?

Regardless, she got all of one hit off before she'd discarded her purple dragon bong, Lockeheed, at around nine, and was a dopy nerd for the rest of the evening.

She grabbed a half eaten box of powdered doughnuts from the community pantry, hit some tunes (Now Now, because she wanted to feel both cuter and deeper than she was, just like the band) and started officially sifting through all her presents. "Ugly," she'd bark out apathetically after checking each garment. A floral, 90s style casual dress that Janeane Garofalo probably performed in once? "Ugly." Tossed on the floor, hangar and all. A white, brown, and green plaid shirt that anyone in Portland with a beard and man-bun might ironically wear? "Ugly." Tossed on the floor. Some mustard high-waters? "Ugly." Tossed. Fortunately for Kitty, she totally loved ugly, and started trying all of them on.

By the time Aaliyah burst through the door, she would've found Kitty passed out, sideways, on her bed, on top of her covers, white powder from the doughnuts caked to her lips and smeared up her cheeks a bit on each side. Her mouth was agape, clunky and unnecessary glasses crooked, her blanket messy and her pillows on the floor, one leg hanging off the bed with a pink pump dangling from her foot, barely clinging to her toes, but definitely not fully on. The other foot had a loose black ankle boot on. Her hair was eighty percent tangled. And she had an empty box of doughtnuts chilling on her stomach, a huge, puffy, periwinkle promdress wrinkled and hugged in one elbow, and a turquoise sundress with white polkadots wrinkled and hugged in the other.

QUOTE (Probably Satan)
“Kitty! Kitty,”

"NO!" Kitty shouted out of her sleep, kicking her rag-doll leg up, the glossy pink pump flinging from her foot, spiraling across the room and smacking into a wall on Aaliyah's side of the room. The jolt of the sudden burst of noise, overpowering her chill-tunes, caused her to ghost out, immediately also falling through her bed and smacking into the floor under it with audible thunder and "Aaauugh!"

QUOTE (Still Satan)
“There is something outside. Like, something lurking in the bushes. I’m not even messing with you right now. I am totally freaked out.”

Kitty dragged her ass out from under the bed, crawling to her knees, trying to figure out what was, and was not, real. She looked up, huffed out an, "Aaliyah," under her breath, but remained on her hands and knees, messy hair desperately trying to stay directly in her vision. Her already askew vision, because one eye would not open, stuck asleep, like she'd had a stroke.

QUOTE (Yes @ Satan)
“What do we do?"

Kitty sat on her knees and rubbed the sleep out of her wonky eye, bobbing her glasses up in the process. She glanced the clock with her other eye. The... medicine... had worn off by now, but she was still groggy. And the panicked demon mom was really fucking with her vibez.

Kitty sighed a little, almost whining, "I don't know, dude!" She looked toward the window Aaliyah had rushed over to. "What?" It was a genuine question, she wasn't processing what was being said to her, yet. So she had to take a second, a deep breath, and stretch her eyes before she could finally push herself up off the floor and join Aaliyah at the window. And she definitely needed that window cill for leverage.

She looked down at the haunting little gremlin, sneered her lip and side-eyed the fuck out of Aaliyah. "That's just one of your demons, go to bed." She rolled her eyes and looked back down. ...Only, it wasn't a demon. It was a girl, walking out into the grass and into enough light from one of the spotlights surrounding the school that it was obviously not a manifestation of Aaliyah's powers.

"Oh my God." Kitty mocked apathetically. "It's a whole little girl." This is what scared Aaliyah...?

"Hm. Your friend's saying something..."

QUOTE (Satan's Worst Nightmare)
” 'ewuh….eh desh eh cool or mudan chiren? I m eh mudan chyl.”

"What the hell did she say?" She couldn't hear through the muffle of the window. And knowing this girl couldn't possible see any details in the dark from this distance, and would assuredly just think their windows were open (right?), Kitty shoved her face forward, ghosting right through the glass itself.

"WHAT'D YOU SAY?!" She banshee screamed down to her.

Aaliyah Edmonds Laura Kinney
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Water Repulsion
Codename: Hydro
Sample Image
Written by: Adenine
Sample Image

It was late. Normally, Noah would have been asleep by now, but there was a problem: he had become so used to taking day-time naps in the swimming pool that sleeping on a bed felt... wrong. Noah didn’t get it, either. Seriously, it made zero sense. How could he prefer a vinyl floor to a queen-sized bed with two big, fluffy pillows?

Sleep, sleep, sleep, Noah repeated in his head, but it was no use. Heaving a sigh of frustration, he turned on his side in a desperate effort to find a more comfortable position.

Ugh. Every fiber of Noah's being was telling him to get his ass to the sub-basement and sleep in the pool, but he didn't want to. He didn't want to sleep in the pool. That was weird. Not normal. All Noah ever wanted to be was normal...

Emotion started to well up in his eyes when, all of a sudden, he heard voices coming from outside of his door. What were Aaliyah and Kitty doing up so late? Were they up all night having fun without him? Noah wondered, furrowing his brows in a mixture of confusion, curiosity and jealousy, then got out of bed, slipped on his flip-flops and headed over to their dormroom, which was conveniently right across from his.

Sure, they were roommates. They were bound to be closer to one another, but where did that leave Noah? "What are you guys doing?" Noah asked from the doorway as he watched Kitty stick her head out of the window... while it was still closed. So weird. Then again, so was breathing underwater... and summoning demons from nowhere. Raising a brow, he looked to Aaliyah, who looked pretty freaked, her gaze fixed upon the window. "What's outside?"

Aaliyah Edmonds

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
Aaliyah Edmonds
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Hell's Angel
Sample Image
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Summon demons
Codename: Lilith
Sample Image
Written by: Guanine
Sample Image

QUOTE (Kitty Pryde)
"That's just one of your demons, go to bed."

“Not funny.” Aaliyah wasn’t having any of Kitty’s nonsense. The disgruntled look she gave her roommate said it all. She had just spent all evening working on her essay and now there was a bear…or a murderer…outside and Kitty needed to start getting serious about stuff.

QUOTE (Kitty)
"Oh my God." Kitty mocked apathetically. "It's a whole little girl."

“What? No way,” Impossible. It couldn’t be that Aaliyah had freaked herself out over a kid. She pushed Kitty aside to get a better look and it was true. Just a young pre-teen standing on the lawn of the mansion. Which would be very unsettling if this wasn’t a mutant mansion. “Well how was I supposed to know? It could have been a bear, I’m from the city, not a place like Deerfield. I don’t know what prowls around here at night.” Anything she had to say to make herself sound less crazy.

QUOTE (Noah)
“What are you guys doing?”

Aaliyah screamed! Her eyes flashed deep pink for a moment. Turning on her heel she saw Noah from across the room standing in the doorway. “Oh my gosh! Noah! You can’t do that to us. Knock first!” Aaliyah laid one hand on her chest as if it could steady her heartbeat. “Kitty is she saying anything? Maybe we should send Noah down to get the door for her.”
No New Posts
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Group: X-Men
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Self-healing, Feral, Claws
Codename: X-23
Sample Image
Written by: Raven
Sample Image

There was a commotion in one of the rooms. X could hear it, but all she could see were the shadows of two people through the window. They were arguing. Over her. Whether she was a threat or not.

I am a threat, but only to Logan. These girls are not my mission.

Girls. Who were at least three years older than she was. But X-23 didn’t think of herself as a child. She hadn’t been treated as such at Hydra, she hadn’t been treated as human. She was a weapon. When the one student with the disorganized way of talking told the other that X was a whole little girl, X felt anger rise up.

They had no idea. They were undisciplined.

Focus. That meant infiltrating should be easy. X actually felt a swell of pride at her decision to go undercover. This was her mission, not something Hydra had plotted out for her. This was hers. She called out her greeting.

And they couldn’t hear her. Did none of them have enhanced hearing?

“Is this a place for mutant…” They weren’t paying attention. She wrinkled her nose and huffed in frustration. Focus! She just needed to wait, be patient. Or maybe they wanted her to prove she was a mutant. Maybe that was why they were confused. She glanced down at her hands, but if she sprang her claws they might make the connection with Wolverine, might alert him before she could find him.

I will show them.

She started for the mansion at a run, her mind already cataloguing handholds before she leapt. She hit the wall eight feet up, grabbing stone edging with one hand and hauling herself up toward the window. She was swinging up toward the top of the window frame when a face came right through the glass and screamed “WHAT DID YOU SAY?” right in her face.

X could take loud sounds if she was ready, but she wasn’t. Her senses were wide open, the words like a hammer in her ears. Without thinking she jammed both hands against her ears and fell.

snikt The claw in her right foot shot out and caught in the stone, stopping her fall, suspending her just underneath the window sill. As her momentum caught against her anchor point she swung back and forth, a feral growling pendulum. Still grimacing, she turned her head toward the ghost girl coming out of the window.

”I am a mutant, can I stay at your school?” She started and then snarled as she registered that this was the person who had called her a ‘whole little girl’. ”And I am NOT a little girl!”

Thymine
No New Posts
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

What?
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Naturally, Kitty screamed.

But it was one of those... "aaAAAAAAaahh!" screams.

She fell back into the room when the little girl just appeared in her face. Flipping and springing and twisting and snikting. What the hell was Kitty supposed to do? Nothing. She screamed and flung back and fell on her ass, like any normal person might do.

Noah was with them now, something that hadn't registered with her face outside. She looked up at him, and listened to Aaliyah's query.

QUOTE (Aaliyah)
"Maybe we should send Noah down to get the door for her.”

Kitty just pointed at the little girl dangling upside down outside their bedroom window, hair straight down, looking like the world's angriest girl. What a trippy ass book. There was no need for anyone to go anywhere. The girl had come to them.

QUOTE (Definitely Not a Little Girl)
”I am a mutant, can I stay at your school?” ”And I am NOT a little girl!”

"No, go away!"

Well, that wasn't what she meant to say.

"I mean, hang on."

Nor that. Puns? Really?

She had to process for a second, and her brain went crazy trying to figure this out. On the surface, it didn't make sense that a little kid could find a secret mutant haven. But rationale kicked in. Kitty was about that age when she was outed as one of the world's most formidable hackers. And if that was the case, this kid could totally find a place like this. Not to mention the not-so-clever name of the place: The Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters. It was practically an invitation for anyone or anything weird.

She got her shit together and shoved the thought aside. "Noah, go get Mister Xavier. Aaliyah, ask your demons to give us a hand."

She stood up, still a mess of a human. One boot, an ill fitted, sloppy floral dress, doughnut residue all over her face, and chocolate curls dangerously taking over her face.

Kitty didn't waste any time opening the window. She didn't have any doubts about this girl anymore. She belonged her. With them. She was a mutant. She was already family.

It was an interesting notion. She wasn't sure when that moral had in fact become a moral of Kitty's. She hadn't been there long. So far, she was just the really awkward, kinda charming weirdo of the institute. But they'd accepted her, and she accepted them, because for the first time in her life, she understood exactly why she was different, and further... she understood that she wasn't alone in all this mess. And Kitty... as inept as she was with etiquette and social discourse... was ready to spread that message. It was their responsibility, now.

She climbed up onto the window cill, "Please don't fall, please don't call, please don't fall..." Though no one would be sure if she was chanting it for the girl hanging from their window, or if she was chanting it to herself.

"Come on, Aaliyah, we need to help her." She braced on hand against the inside of the window frame and ghosted half of her body through the glass itself, reaching a now tangible arm out to the girl. "Take my hand! I can get you inside! And don't look do-" Only Kitty didn't take her own advice. Sure, she was only a story up, but people died way easier. And even with Kitty's ability, she was still inclined to that very human feeling of impending death.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" She braced herself hard against the window frame. She turned her head, phasing her face back into the room a moment, "Make your demons not let me fall." And then phased her face back out. She reached her arm out again, ready for the girl to take her hand so she could pull them both through the window and be in the safety of -not hanging from a fucking window like lunatic morons-.
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Whatever was was outside, it seemed to freak out Aaliyah the most, which would explain why she screamed bloody murder at the sudden sound of his voice. Oops, he thought, a small, amused smile forming on his lips as he held back a chuckle. It wasn't until she reprimanded him for not knocking first that his smile faded and his eyes became apologetic. "I'm sorry, A, I didn't mean to." Was Noah truly sorry? Not at all. The door had been wide open, but he was never one to argue - especially not with Aaliyah.

Noah turned his attention back to the window when Kitty fell back into the room, looking as though she had just seen a ghost. Maybe ghost wasn’t the right word in Kitty case? Either way, now Noah was even more curious. “Seriously, what is going on?” he repeated himself, stalking over toward the window to see who was outside. He felt a little uncomfortable walking into their room without their permission, but they were all friends here, right? Plus, if they were in danger, he had a right to know about it.

Brown eyes widened in surprise at the sight of a young, angry-looking girl hanging upside down from the side of the mansion... with one foot. How is she doing that? Noah wondered before rapidly coming to the conclusion that she must be a mutant. Like them. But that didn't explain how she found them, or how she managed to bypass the mansion's state-of-the-art security system.

QUOTE (Kitty Pryde)
"Noah, go get Mister Xavier. Aaliyah, ask your demons to give us a hand."

Noah gave Kitty an incredulous look. "You're going to help her break in? You don't even know who she is or why she's here or how she got past the front gate without setting off a single alarm. She could be a burgler for all we know. Or a spy..." Noah realized he was starting to sound a little crazy, but why else would she have come in the middle of the night?

Did Kitty listen to him? Of course not. No one ever listened to him. "Fine. I'll go get the Professor." If anyone could solve this mystery it was him and his telepathic powers. Noah just hoped he wasn't sleeping...

With a silent groan, Noah walked out into the hallway and made a beeline for the Professor's bedroom, trying to move as quickly as his legs would allow without actually having to run. Or maybe he should run? After all, Kitty was about to let a total stranger, a possible criminal, into the mansion. Sure, she was just a little girl, but they should know better than anyone that kids could be just as dangerous as adults, possibly even more so. Aaliyah could summon demons, for crying out-loud!

Much to his surprise, the door opened before he could even raise his hand to knock. "Professor X," Noah said, swallowing the nervous lump in his throat. "We have a little situation..." He didn't know how to best explain it, but apparently he didn't need to.

“Where is she?” asked the bald telepath, who then sped past Noah in his wheelchair as though he already knew the answer.

Aaliyah Edmonds

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
Aaliyah Edmonds
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Hell's Angel
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Kitty screamed and Aaliyah’s heart immediately started racing again as she unleashed another squeal of fright. She high-knee ran her way to the other side of the room when Kitty fell onto the floor. “No. What? What is it!?” Some part of her felt justified in that ‘I told you so’ kind of way, but mostly she was just nervous. Her scampering stopped as she got near the door by Noah and just about grabbed onto him. Her gaze held firmly on the window and whatever was outside of it.

But, Kitty was up again and talking to the thing outside. So…it was really just a girl? Aaliyah placed her hand on her chest feeling her heartbeat pounding through her tee shirt. She took a deep breath. Counted down. Was the stress of homework making her unreasonable? Maybe this was no big deal at all. Just a misunderstanding.

QUOTE (Kitty Pryde)
"Noah, go get Mister Xavier. Aaliyah, ask your demons to give us a hand."

“Wait, what? No,” Aaliyah said firmly, forgetting that she was scared of what was outside. How could Kitty even ask that? Aaliyah had told her that she only used them in the Danger Room and as needed. This didn’t seem like the time or place, but Kitty was already up opening the window and shuffling herself onto the sill hanging over the edge. Noah seemed just as defensive about the task Kitty had assigned him but eventually gave in. Aaliyah wasn’t so malleable.

“Look, why don’t we just go open the front door?” Her roommate wasn’t listening and was instead dangling herself out over the lawn. “Kitty, come on, you’re going to hurt yourself. I’m sure she can get down.” She wasn’t.

Aaliyah bit her lip as Kitty inched ever more precariously out the window.

QUOTE (Kitty)
"Make your demons not let me fall."

Kitty hung back out the window and looked like she was about to plummet. With a fraught groan, Aaliyah attuned her mind to the hell world and allowed the demons through. They burst forth out of the air with a crackling and snarls. Each of them already knew their job as they grabbed the legs of Katherine Pryde. A backed away from the duo and closer to the door. She couldn't help but feel hurt that Kitty was forcing her to do this. Even if it was for the creepy girl-bear outside.

Professor X rolled into view with Noah. “Girls! What are you doing?”
No New Posts
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

She was a feral mutant who could survive in the wilderness on her own for indefinite periods of time.

She was a highly trained assassin who could breach the most secure locations and take on small armies on her own.

And she was currently hanging upside down by a second story window because a mutant ghost girl had surprised her. It was…

Ridiculous. You are ridiculous. You are a failed experiment. Her handler’s voice, always chiding her, always reminding her that no matter how much she worked she wouldn’t be enough. This was a school made for people like her, and when she asked if she could come inside…

QUOTE (Kitty)
”No, go away!”

It shouldn’t bother her. She wasn’t here to be accepted, she was here to find and kill Logan. Yet there was a sense of something cold in her belly. Focus. What did she need to do now? She needed to convince the other students that she should be accepted. Especially the ghost girl who appeared to be in charge.

QUOTE (Kitty)
”I mean, hang on.”

”Okay,” X said. She’d been about to release her claw and push off with her other foot hard enough to flip onto her feet on the ground below. Get into a position of advantage, or at least less disadvantage, and reassess. But the girl said to hang on, and despite the disagreement between the three people in the room it sounded like they were going to get someone called ‘The Professor’ Was he the one who would decide if she stayed? It was time for action, not for hanging on. Time to at least get upright. There was a stone in the wall that she could grip onto just to her right, she just needed to pull herself along sideways another few centimeters…

The ghost girl was leaning through the window again but X kept her cool this time, wrapping her fingers around the jutted stone. They were trying to coordinate a rescue. She huffed. She didn’t need rescuing, she needed them to just give her room to come inside.

”I am not going to fall, I am trained at this,” she said as slikt she withdrew her claw and swung down, suspended from the stone now. If the ghost girl would just move back and open the window she could be inside in seconds. She didn’t need help. But… there was an odd warmth in her chest as the kids in the room summoned demons and professors and swore at each other all in the name of keeping her from falling one story to the grass below. sniff Her nostrils flared as she tested the air. They were all really worried, all actually trying to help. It was strange. And nice.

Her fingers quickly finding handholds in the cracks between bricks, X scrambled the short distance to the window sill, crouching there for a moment, looking at the ghost girl as she braced herself against the sill like she sat in windows for fun. “Thank you for helping me,” she said, taking the ghost girl’s outstretched arms, aiming for a smile and succeeding at a grimace that showed lots of teeth. She allowed the team of teens to bring her into the room, cocking her head to address the bedraggled ghost girl just as an older man in a wheelchair rolled in.

”What is a fucksake? I do not know this word.”

Kitty Pryde
No New Posts
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

What?
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

How were they not seeing the same shit she was? There was a kid who not only had heard her whispering through a window, a story down, and at some distance, but had also scaled her way up the wall in less than a heartbeat, and then was dangling, upside down, outside of her window. For someone who could breathe underwater, and someone who could pop demons in and out of hell, they sure were oblivious. And combative, on top of it, considering they were making it a mission to go and find mutants. And here was one who had miraculously found them, and they wanted to run her off because they thought she was scary? But demons, no they're not scary at all, huh? Pfft.

"Just shut the hell up and do it." Was her only response to the combat.

The mystery girl promised she wasn't going to fall. And while that was a relief to hear, she couldn't exactly be sure of that. Although, a blink later, and she'd somehow released her foot from whatever she'd dangled from. Kitty's heart fell to the floor, through the floor, through the ceiling, through the next floor, to hell, for a split second. She felt her toes tingling and her knees weak. The last thing she needed to see was a little kid fall to her death. But, miraculously, with reflexes she'd only seen from like, Bruce Lee movies, and shit, the kid was already. Flipped around and just chilled there. She grasped her chest with her free hand, and while the panic was still ever present, and sounded almost annoyed when she rhetorically asked, "Why?"

QUOTE (Monkey Girl)
“Thank you for helping me."

"Yeah, dude." Kitty said as she pulled the girl inside, ghosting her through the glass of the window without struggle, steady and firmly thanks to Aaliyah's little satans keeping her ass end weighted down. Was that a smile, or was she in some sort of pain?

With everyone actually standing on real ground, Kitty checked Aaliyah, shrugged one shoulder and nodded her chin, "Thanks."

Enter the Professor.

QUOTE (Duh @ Professor)
“Girls! What are you doing?”

Kitty's head snapped to Xavier. "W-"

QUOTE (Monkey Girl)
”What is a fucksake? I do not know this word.”

"Aaugh." She gave a hint of a mortified look. Kitty had a mouth on her, obviously, and her influence on a little kid was already staggeringly obvious. Great.

She weighed her options. She could try, poorly, to lie, ignorantly, to a telepath, stupidly. 'Oh, we were just playing dress up with our friend from school.' And what next? 'And then we hung her out the window, because we thought it'd be funny.' Her instincts to avoid any and all reprimanding came with a touch of mental flatlining, obviously.

"Look, I know Noah thinks she's trying to break in for some reason, and Aaliyah thought she was a bear or something, but..." She looked at the kid and then back to the Professor. "She's a mutant, and she found us, and she wants to come in. She asked. She's kinda polite too, even though she looks like this." Without looking back at the kid, Kitty flipped her wrist, palm up, drawing attention by displaying the girl's apparently natural grimace. "So, I don't know if she's happy to be here, or if she needs an ambulance or something."

She crossed her arms under her chest and turned her head to the girl. "Fuck is a word you shouldn't say, but you're going to anyway." Kitty's eyes shot to the side, looking at nothing at some miracle revelation, "That fuckin' rhymed!"
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Noah didn't know why the Professor bothered asking him questions at all if he was just going to read his mind. Noah let out a half annoyed sigh as the Professor blew past him in his wheelchair before he could even open his mouth to respond. Then again, it was an emergency... How could he hold it against him?

Still, what ever happened to not reading his mind without permission? Hmm? Noah mused to himself as he followed behind the Professor, breaking into a fast walk in order to keep up with him.

When they arrived at Kitty's and Aaliyah's dorm room, the first thing that came into view were Aaliyah's little demon helpers, each of which was holding onto one of Kitty's legs so as to prevent her from falling out the window. Following his initial feeling of surprise, Noah shook his head in disbelief and rolled his eyes, unable to believe Kitty was now risking her life for a complete and total stranger.

QUOTE (Kitty Pryde)
"Look, I know Noah thinks she's trying to break in for some reason, and Aaliyah thought she was a bear or something, but... She's a mutant, and she found us, and she wants to come in. She asked. She's kinda polite too, even though she looks like this. So, I don't know if she's happy to be here, or if she needs an ambulance or something."

Noah folded his arms across his chest, eyeing the trespasser with suspicion as a slew of unanswered questions raced through his mind. Sure, she was a just little girl, and a mutant, but how did she find them? How did she know they were mutants? Why didn't she just buzz in at the front gate like a normal person? How did she manage to sneak past the mansion's security system? Why was she smiling like that? And why the hell was she asking what the word 'fucksake' meant? Maybe she did need an ambulance?

With wrinkled brows, Noah mentally debated whether he should say anything, speak up, but ultimately decided against it for fear Kitty would tell him to 'shut the fuck up' again. Besides, the Professor would know what to do. He'd have all the answers. After all, he was a telepath... There's no way she'll be able to sneak past him, thought Noah, his lips curling into a smirk.

Aaliyah Edmonds

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
Aaliyah Edmonds
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Hell's Angel
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Go back. The demons fizzled out of reality. Aaliyah’s irises returned to their natural dark brown hue and she used them to glare daggers at Kitty and the girl. She was, of course, also relieved they were safely inside, but mostly just put-off by her roommate making her use her powers. She released an audible hurumph and crossed her arms over her chest to cement that she was serious.

Xavier wheeled past her standing in the doorway while Kitty began to explain the situation.

QUOTE (Kitty Pryde)
"Look, I know Noah thinks she's trying to break in for some reason, and Aaliyah thought she was a bear or something, but..."

Aaliyah couldn’t help but interject, “To my credit, I didn’t know what she was. Things moving around outside at night is just scary, alright?” But now that the tween was standing here in her bedroom she was starting to register the ridiculousness of her previous notions. Too many crime dramas or not enough sleep? What time was it anyway? She had to be up for school in six hours. Aaliyah refocused on the people in the room.

QUOTE (Kitty)
"Fuck is a word you shouldn't say, but you're going to anyway. That fuckin' rhymed!"

“Kitty!” Aaliyah admonished. The swearing was really ridiculous, especially in front of the Professor! A motioned from Kitty to the new girl to the Professor. As in watch your language while we are having company, please.

Professor X had been patient enough, but as he got a read on the young girl and the current situation it was imperative that things be spurred into action. This new mutant was an interesting case indeed and one that would require delicate handling. “Everyone.” He called attention to the room. “It’s late. Let us move this elsewhere. Our new friend and I can meet in my office. You three…to the sub-basement.”

Aaliyah was confused. “Why? What’s going on?”

Laura Kinney
No New Posts
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Stabby McStabbers
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

When Hydra sent her on missions, X-23 only analyzed the emotional states of the people around her in terms of how they helped or hindered her goal. When her mission was usually to infiltrate, assassinate, and escape before the countdown on her watch reached zero, she didn’t pay much mind to human interactions.

Now the key to her mission was human interaction.

The sensation of passing through a wall was disorienting, but not as confusing as suddenly being in a room with three teens who seemed in disagreement about whether she should even be there. There was the girl who had first been scared of her and was now acting embarrassed. There was the girl who had helped her - Kitty as the first girl called her - who seemed to be half talking to herself about words that shouldn’t be said. Unless it was said in a rhyme it seemed. There was the boy who said nothing but smelled of distrust, his demeanor uncertain. Noah. And the other girl was called Aaliyah.

And then the bald man in the wheelchair who the others looked to for direction. He had an air of secrecy about him and she couldn’t get a read on his scent. He was calm, but alert, clearly the alpha of the group.

X-23’s eyes darted from one to the other, her fake grin still plastered on her face as Kitty framed it with an upturned palm. It made her cheeks hurt and did not seem to be working properly to put the others at ease so she dropped it to her usual flat look. Should she say something? Should she just stand quiet while they decided what to do with her? How could she ask about Logan without arousing suspicion? She didn’t have protocols for this.

Avoiding Noah’s eyes she looked between the other two girls and then at the older man. ”I will explain. I am not a bear. I am project X-23. I was trying to sneak in because I was not sure if this would be a safe place or not, whether I would be welcome. I am a mutant, I think. I heal quickly, and can smell and hear things from far away.” She glanced at Kitty. ”And you saw my foot claws.” She paused, her generally sour look turning to one of worry. She didn’t understand human communication much beyond being ordered around by her handlers. She didn’t want the people there to be suspicious, but she knew she had to tell them something of where she came from.

”Two weeks ago I escaped from a lab where I spent my whole life. They experimented on me. I got into their computer and found information on this place.” She shrugged. ”I do not know what else to tell you, besides I will not say fuck.”

Then the man spoke and X-23 stiffened. Of everyone in the room, she trusted him least of all. There had been scientists at Hydra, older men with no hair, and she couldn't shake the sense he knew more about her than she was telling him. "I do not want to be separated from the others... " She started backing toward the window. "I will not be imprisoned again."

Kitty Pryde
No New Posts
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

What?
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

All these mutants showing up were certainly still getting used to the idea of using their abilities openly in front of each other. Some were adjusting easier than others. Kitty, for example. Others needed a little push. Aaliyah, for example. But regardless, the combativeness over this whole situation was really flying right over Kitty's head. From her perspective, another mutant kid showed up and got herself in what looked like a jam, dangling there like the angriest little rag doll she'd ever seen. A drop like that, upside down, could shatter a spine. Landing on your head? Could kill you. In Kitty's mind, she was just doing exactly what she should've done.

There was some relief when the girl started explaining herself.

QUOTE (Monkey Girl)
”I will explain. I am not a bear. I am project X-23. I was trying to sneak in because I was not sure if this would be a safe place or not, whether I would be welcome. I am a mutant, I think. I heal quickly, and can smell and hear things from far away.” ”And you saw my foot claws.”

Kitty took that momentary pause that followed, feeling the awkward laughter creep up until it finally erupted out of her nose in a loud snort that inevitably fell into a chortle, muffled when she covered her face with cupped hands. "A bea-heh-hear," she laughed through it and looked over at Aaliyah. "So ridiculous."

The chuckles stopped rather abruptly through the next bits of information the girl provided.

QUOTE (Monkey Girl)
”Two weeks ago I escaped from a lab where I spent my whole life. They experimented on me. I got into their computer and found information on this place.” ”I do not know what else to tell you, besides I will not say fuck.”

A million things shot through Kitty's head at once, and all tried to word vomit out at the same time. Was this bitch for real? "Wait, what?" She looked over to the girl. "So people are experimenting on mutants?" Then over to Xavier, "And they know who we are?" Well. That was just fucking great. She could've let these people right to them, who knew if they had followed her or not.

QUOTE (Wheels)
“It’s late. Let us move this elsewhere. Our new friend and I can meet in my office. You three…to the sub-basement.”

Leave it to Xavier to make everyone shut the hell up so he can figure things out himself. But that sub-basement deal, she was into it. That was like... a really, really giant panic room, right? Yeah, she was definitely into that.

QUOTE (Monkey Girl)
"I do not want to be separated from the others... " "I will not be imprisoned again."

Kitty spun around as the girl started backing away. "Hey, it's not like that, dude. Xavier's real cool. Come find me when he's done Professoring, okay?" She smirked, popped a peace sign, and started ghosting down through the floor.

Sub-basement. Safety. Keep the hell away from people experimenting on mutants. All smart things she was planning to do right now, in this moment, currently.

Exit: Kitty
OOC: Sorry for delay, was busy and only had time for site stuff in spare time. Jut clearing out so you guys can have an even flow. Though looks like the thread will need a Xavier NPC.
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

His arms crossed, Noah continued to eye the trespasser with suspicion as she explained who she was and what at her powers were. He quirked a brow in confusion when she called herself "Project X-23," but didn't think much of it at until she revealed she was a victim of mutant experimentation. Brown eyes widened in surprise and fear. That is really a thing? When his powers first manifested, one of the many reasons he decided not to tell anyone was because he didn't want to become some sort of "medical phenomena" to be studied or tested on. Never in his wildest dreams did he think he'd ever be held prisoner at a lab, though. He was still human, wasn't he? He had rights! She had rights. Poor girl... His expression softening, Noah dropped his arms to his side and commenced feeling incredibly sorry for the girl who didn't even have a real name. No wonder she was so weird. No wonder she didn't buzz in at the front gate like a normal person. She wasn't a trespasser, but a refugee seeking solace in their very large, mutant-friendly home.

QUOTE (Kitty Pryde)
"And they know who we are?"

Reminded of the fact the facility that experimented on X-23 knew of the Institute's existence, Noah shuddered and felt a chill run up his spine. Were they scheming to experiment on them, too? Were they looking for X-23? Were they all in danger now?

The Professor seemed to think so, giving them orders to go to the sub-basement. Noah nodded, then watched curiously as the girl suddenly became defensive, staggering back in fear of being separated from the group. Kitty didn't care, though, peacing almost immediately after the order was given. Take me with you! Noah mentally shouted at her as she sunk through the floor, not that she could hear his thoughts. I should have said something, he realized as soon as she disappeared from view. He peered around the room, his widened gaze bouncing back and forth between X-23, Aaliyah and the Professor. Slowly, he backed away from X-23 towards the exit, hoping she wouldn't notice. She had been through enough; the last thing she needed was for her feelings to get hurt. But Noah didn’t want to get hurt, either. He didn’t want to be experimented on.

Laura Kinney

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Add Reply Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll