Welcome to X-Men: Unhinged Evolution!
We are an alternate universe X-Men: Evolution roleplaying game that accepts canon/original characters and fun, creative writers. The time is set before season 1.
Mutants are not yet known to the public, but when superpowers are in the hands of hormonal teenagers who knows how long that will last. Professor Xavier is doing his best to delay the process by homing these young mutants and teaching them to control their powers. Magneto and Mystique are doing something similar.
So far, the only mutants living at the Xavier Institute are Ororo and Logan, whereas the Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House is virtually unoccupied.
Who will be next? Who will be the X-Men? Who will be the Brotherhood?
-Your friendly neighborhood admins
| Rules | Premise | Cast List |
| Teams | Playbys | Powers |
| Apply | Canons | The Show |
If you have a question or concern regarding the site, feel free to contact any one of us. We don't bite!
Current Year: 2017
Current Month: February
Current Weather: Cold air, Snows occasionally
Bayville gets slammed with a snow storm in early February and as such the high school is closed for a couple of days. Due to inclement weather, there will be no school February 6th and February 7th. Shovel out your vehicles then run back inside to warm up by the fire with some cocoa.
Don't forget that Winter Break is happening the week of February 20th through the 24th!
Use when starting IC threads:
Year 2017 Calendar
All copyrights reserved, X-Men: Unhinged Evolution is a product of Marvel's Franchise, the X-Men and the TV show series, X-Men: Evolution. No copyright infringement is intended. Unless otherwise stated, all other rights belong to XUE, do not take anything without explicit permission.
Skin Reformat: Adenine
Coding: Mich & Adenine & Sax
Graphics: Adenine & Sax
Sidebar: Dana & Adenine
Magneto was left.
Location: No Information
Born: No Information
Website: No Information
Mutant Power: Telepathy & Telekinesis
Relationship Tracker: No Information
Thread Tracker: No Information
Character Age: 16
Joined: 15-March 17
Last Seen: May 9 2017, 03:58 PM
Local Time: Jun 20 2018, 06:53 AM
17 posts (0 per day)
( 0.64% of total forum posts )
May 3 2017, 03:22 PM
The Bayville County Shopping Mall
Wednesday, February 8th, 3:18 PM
The dance date was set, Quentin and his Brothers. Sally and her Boys. Ben and Strangers he Just Met. It was gonna be the tops.
Q and company had rolled up to the mall in his white Jeep, black hood up thanks to frigid temperatures. Snow was still collected in massive mounds around the parking lot, but the roads were clear, at least. And they didn't have much time to get ready for the dance given that they had Monday and Tuesday off.
They weren't sure when Ben would be enrolling in Bayville, but Q and Sal decided to drag him to the dance as their date anyhow, at least give him a taste for the bullshit he'd be dealing with for the next few years. That, and Nancy Pepperwood was apparently wearing some massive gown so she could sneak a bunch of alcohol in under it, but the girl was totes useless, and Q was certain she was about to get expelled. What was she planning to do? Hide a cooler under there, and drag it around? Whatever, even if they didn't manage to get any drinks from her, they could at least have a good laugh while the cops carted her off.
Q stepped out, black boots first. He wore some crisp black slacks over them, snug to his legs, and a plain white tee with a bottle of BENGAY printed on the front. Over his shoulders, he'd draped a thick, pink knit sweater coat with a horizontal black stripe along the middle. A tuft of his pink hair poked out from under his saggy, black beanie that barely clung to his head."Okay, guys, just buy whatever you want, my Dad won't even know,"
he smirked, flashing the platinum credit card a moment before stuffing it back into his butt pocket. He marched across the parking lot to get inside for some warmth. Coming from San Francisco, New York seemed like one of those Ice Hells he heard about in Buffy.
The moment he crossed that threshold, Q completely ignored the lame elevator music gently playing over the speakers in the mall, his boots squeaking along the marble floors as he flipped through his phone and started playing an 80s non-hit
he had no business playing. But Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead was a classic, and that's how all shopping should happen.
He popped the phone in his little breast pocket, the speaker peeking out to let the music blare.
Immediately, he jumped ahead of them a step and spun around so he was walking backward. "My skin it buuuulls away, my brains are ooon a vase, the wiggest feeling yet is bliiiiss,"
he sang along, wrong lyrics and all because you can't read a song's brain, turning his head to a random passerby to keep singing with the music to her. He skipped a step over to her and wrapped a hand around the small of her waist, and took her other hand. "This is the best thing that has every happened to meeee."
He let her go when she smiled, and rounded back behind Sal and Ben, flipping his arms up over their shoulders. "Okay, where to?"
They should never have him around people
| Benjamin Deeds
Mar 15 2017, 10:25 PM
Full Name: Quintavius Quirinius Quire
Nickname(s): Quentin, Q
DOB: October 31
Codename: Kid Omega / Omega
Evo Canon, Comics Canon or Original: Canon
Place of residence: San Francisco, California
Occupation: El oh el
Year in school: Junior
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Bubblegum Electric
Eyes: Chocolate Kiss
Build: Lithe, yet scrappy.
Dress: Effortless. Anywhere from deconstructed-punk to dreamy-ska-spunk
Other: Hair dye.
Likes: Bad movies. Unnecessary collectables. Yer mom.
Dislikes: Entitlement. Golden showers. Dweebs.
Fears: Being jello. Hairspray in the mouth. Powerlessnessnessless...ness.
Strengths: Brutal honesty. Decorating cakes. My BRAIN!
Weaknesses: Brutal honesty. Decorating cakes. My BRAIN!
Best subject: Yes.
Worst subject: Kickball.
Extracurriculars: Stealing Stuff from the Janitor's Closet... Society.
- The Personified Oxymoron: Quentin is a hard one to read. While on the surface he can seem blunt, crude, crass, insensitive, and even egotistical, he is actually quite a deep, intellectual individual. The problem is, he is bored, and pleasantries no longer interest him. He'll come up with nicknames you might not like, but he finds them funny and endearing. He'll prank your science fair project, and help you come up with an excuse for why you can't submit it on time. Offensive, excitable, and maybe even a little loveable.
- The Nicest Asshole: Along with his excitement comes his genuine openness to new people, no matter how wildly different they might be. In fact, the stranger, the better. He doesn't quite have the capacity to internally judge someone for who they are. On the contrary, he can't possibly get every truth out fast enough. He says what he thinks and what he sees, and while he's not personally judging someone when something isn't what they want to hear, he tends to offend the more modest folk. Not everyone wants to know the utter truth, and Q doesn't know what common curtesy is.
- The Naive Skeptic: In some ways, Quentin is an open book. He can rant on about his life, his thoughts, his dreams and fears, and does it happily. He shares his opinions without a second thought. On the surface, this seems naive... something like sharing his weaknesses, but Q sees it as an opportunity to weed out those who are trustworthy and those who aren't. He has nothing to hide, and doesn't think anyone should have anything to hide, and those who do... he definitely keeps at a distance.
Mutant Power(s): Quentin is a powerful psionic mutant who has displayed the following feats:
Biggest Drawback(s): While Quentin's potential is unmistakable, his body has yet to fully mature, and cannot handle the full extent of his powers. The more he exerts these awesome powers, the more he drains himself. Should he cross a line and actually abuse these powers, he risks temporarily losing all control over his powers and consciousness alike. His body cannot sustain all of the energy, and should he push himself to that level, at present, his physical body would likely disintegrate into a puddle of goo. He tends to focus on one aspect of his telepathy at a time, as opposed to many at once. While he has more raw telepathic power, he is more skilled telekinetically.
- Telepathy: Quentin can communicate with others through a psychic channel. He is able to send and receive verbal thoughts as well as visual thoughts.
- Illusion Casting: Q can manipulate what people perceive. He can make people experience events that are not truly happening, mask his or others' appearances, and even cloak his presence entirely. He can cast illusions over memories to alter them (only temporarily, at present).
- Mind Control: A more difficult challenge, Q can enter the minds of others and force his will in place of their own.
- Mental Blackout: Quentin can close doors between sections of the brain. This can induce temporary amnesia, cause severe confusion or disorientation, and sometimes even temporary paralysis or total sensory shut-down.
- Telekinesis: Q is able to project his psionic energies onto the physical realm. This allows him to move objects with his mind, levitate, creative protective shields, and project powerful telekinetic blasts. Although the exact limits have not been tested, he has lifted SUV's with relative ease, while lifting big-rigs has caused moderate strain, and he's not comfortable trying to go beyond that. His protective shields can theoretically stop bullets, energy beams, and speeding cars, enough pressure will assuredly shatter them. He is likely limited by breathing in terms of flight speed, though starts losing some cognitive awareness at around seventy mph.
- Psychic Shotgun: By combining the totality of his telepathy and telekinesis, he has begun constructing a psionic 'shotgun'. Blasts from this can cause sensory overload, and severe physical and mental pain, however no external damage will occur.
Non-mutant power(s): Despite his personal shortcomings, he is an extremely bright young man, though no one can be sure if it is through genuine studies or permanently absorbing knowledge from those around him.
Hometown: San Francisco, California
Birthplace: San Francisco, California
Family: Lysander and Jillith Quire (staunch, rich, adoptive mommy and daddy)
Criminal Record: No, but...
Born nameless, little Q was adopted days after his dumbfuck mom gave up her precious bebeh to Doctor Lysander Quire and his debutant, socialite wife Jillith, who did not want to get fat, and chose adoption over pregnancy. His given name became Quintavius Quirinius Quire, and from the moment he was able to say 'no', he chose the more human sounding sobriquet “Quentin”. His nannies all adopted the name, though usually everyone just called him Q.
Q had a relatively healthy childhood, safe for some absent parents. Sure, they cared about him enough to shower him with everything a boy could want (with the adverse effect of giving him the most boring upbringing ever), but who knew who they really were? Dad worked, mom drank, Quentin studied.
He was primarily raised by nannies who he came to trust and value and love like family. Through them, he gained a certain level of worldly understanding. He was expected to be a mature young man, with a certain level of dignity and class. He was expected to be better than the peons his parents so desperately avoided. And for the most part, he satisfied his parents. Sure, he'd have an odd temper tantrum here and there, but he contained himself. He create the facade his parents wanted out of him.
When he was 13, something happened to him.
He doesn't know what happened. His parents and nannies don't know what happened.
But it broke him.
For two years, he existed in a semi-conscious state. Half of that was spent drooling and wasting away in a mental institution until his parents gave in and had him released. He spent his second year in a rocking chair in his bedroom, surrounded by all of his things, with only the most basic of functions available to him.
While no one knows what happened, the event seems to have caused the onset of his mutant powers, which is perhaps what ultimate put him in the state in the first place. Whatever the happenstance, it was traumatic enough that his psionic powers kicked in and permanently deleted the event from his memory. It is not locked away, there is no trace fragment left, it is simply no longer anywhere in his mind. So, while his psionic abilities may have had a negative side-effect, it was still the event himself that trigger the shattering.
At some point during this time, Quentin's subconscious became rather active, and his conscious mind seemed to travel there, and dwell there. There was still a horrible emotional feeling of devastation, a chronic feeling of severe turmoil, but he learned one valuable lesson. What could be worse than death? Or suicide?
Loneliness is worse.
He had healing to do, and though he was incredibly bored, unable to access the use of his body, only able to stare out into the abyss of his window all day, he began stitching his brain back together. And one day, one normal, horribly regular day... Q turned on like a light. His consciousness awoke, and he was just Quentin again.
Only, he wasn't like Quentin. Not the Quentin his parents knew, anyway. He was so much different. Along with learning how heavy lonely it was to waste away, he also learned not to uphold a facade nor the expectations of who he should be. He just wanted to be himself. His honest, abrasive, stupid self. That and with his powers officially manifesting all the time, he caught back up with his age group very rapidly, and after a few months, he was a somewhat rude, somewhat sweet, still maturing, fully fledged, young adult man thing person guy. And as luck would have it, someone else had discovered he was a total freakazoid. In fact, they were freakazoids, too! With all sorts of different powers to have fun with, ready to pull him away from his boring life with the Quires. They called themselves The Brotherhood...
Cool. Q could be a brother.
Quentin Quire, everybody!
Name: Kevin / Thymine
Age: AAAHHHH years old.
Desired Member Title: Magneto was left.
Recommended By: Ben
Messengers Used: My BRAIN.
Time Zone: You ess Eastern.
Preferred character audition scene: I don't have to.
Plans or plots you would like to involve your character in: Hide all the toilet paper and blame it on Destiny.