Welcome to X-Men: Unhinged Evolution!

We are an alternate universe X-Men: Evolution roleplaying game that accepts canon/original characters and fun, creative writers. The time is set before season 1.

Mutants are not yet known to the public, but when superpowers are in the hands of hormonal teenagers who knows how long that will last. Professor Xavier is doing his best to delay the process by homing these young mutants and teaching them to control their powers. Magneto and Mystique are doing something similar.

So far, the only mutants living at the Xavier Institute are Ororo and Logan, whereas the Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House is virtually unoccupied.
Who will be next? Who will be the X-Men? Who will be the Brotherhood?

You decide.

Happy roleplaying!
-Your friendly neighborhood admins

| Rules | Premise | Cast List |
| Teams | Playbys | Powers |
| Apply | Canons | The Show |

username:
password:

Guanine
Adenine
Thymine
Cytosine

If you have a question or concern regarding the site, feel free to contact any one of us. We don't bite!

Current Year: 2017
Current Month: February
Current Weather: Cold air, Snows occasionally

Bayville gets slammed with a snow storm in early February and as such the high school is closed for a couple of days. Due to inclement weather, there will be no school February 6th and February 7th. Shovel out your vehicles then run back inside to warm up by the fire with some cocoa.

Don't forget that Winter Break is happening the week of February 20th through the 24th!

Use when starting IC threads:
Year 2017 Calendar

Listed At Mutant Revolution Online | Nexus: Redefined | | HH | ACADEMY X | We Are Warriors | | ANTIGRAVITY | MutantNova | FLAWED GENETICS | X-Men: Grandchildren of the Atom | X-Fusion | |

Vote for us!
| RPG Initiative Topsites

RPG-D

All copyrights reserved, X-Men: Unhinged Evolution is a product of Marvel's Franchise, the X-Men and the TV show series, X-Men: Evolution. No copyright infringement is intended. Unless otherwise stated, all other rights belong to XUE, do not take anything without explicit permission.

Skin Reformat: Adenine
Coding: Mich & Adenine & Sax
Graphics: Adenine & Sax
Sidebar: Dana & Adenine

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Interlude, Open
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Pretty Bird
Sample Image
Group: X-Men
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Wings/Healing/Vocal manipulation
Codename: Icarus
Sample Image
Written by: Audrey
Cerebro File | Board History
Sample Image

Tues, Feb. 7, 4pm.
Runnin' Home to You

During the day hours, the observatory was less used. Most people found the stars more interesting to see through the lens. Not that it mattered much to Jay, as he wasn't there to look at the sky, but, he had a feeling the giant domed space would have great acoustics. Add to that, that it was quiet and commonly less populated, and it was a good enough space for the teen to brood.

He'd brought his guitar, the instrument held by a strap around his shoulder while he took a walk around the large telescope, pointed upward, and passed that, the glass ceiling, and further still, the sky. It was cloudy out and flakes still fell gracefully from them. He hadn't seen much snow in his life, and never a full on blizzard. He was aware that it was the same sky as back home, but it looked so different here.

He took the guitar from off his shoulder and strummed a few bars as a test. The sound easily filled the room, with a reverb that added a warmth to the notes. The strumming settled into a tune.

"Can't say how the days will unfold
Can't change what the future may hold
But, I want you in it
Every hour, every minute..."

He walked slowly, as he sang and let his imagination take him back to another time. He had sang the song to Julia, and he sang to her now, his gaze far away, seeing her face, smiling brightly.

"This world can race by far too fast
Hard to see while it's all flying past
But, it's clear now
When you're standing here now
I am meant to be wherever you are next to me.

All I want to do
Is come running home to you
Come running home to you
And all my life I promise to
Keep running home to you
Keep running home
To you..."

He paused walking, and his wings flared out from behind him as his voice grew in creshendo. Emotion filled his chest, while he sang, not toward a memory, but to the sky as the snow fell against a pale blue sky.

"And I could see it
Right from the start
Right from the start
That you would be,
Be my light in the dark
Light in the dark
Oh, you gave me no other choice
But to love you."

The strumming softened again, along with his voice, and Jay's eyes drifted closed as he sank to sit on an arched bench along the wall of the circular room. He finished the song with tears leaving trails along the round of his cheeks.

"All I want to do
Is come running home to you
Come running home to you
And all my life I promise to
Keep running home to you
Keep running home
Home to you

Can't say how the days will unfold
Can't change what the future may hold
But, I want you in it
Every hour

... every minute."

--------------------
user posted image
No New Posts
^
Laurie Tromette
 Posted: May 3 2017, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Flying Shape-Shifter
Sample Image
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Transonic Flight, Shifting Crystal Skin, Enhanced Physiology
Codename: Transonic
Sample Image
Written by: Tundra
Sample Image

The snow was falling, school was out, and everyone seemed to be out doing something with the snow day. Laurie herself had taken this day to catch up on homework and assignments despite not being there long. But it was days like this that offered the perfect chance to play catch-up, which was what she had done all day and was now seeking a quiet spot to read and relax from all the school work and studying she had been doing that morning and part of the afternoon.

And what better place to find peace and quiet at this time? The Observatory seemed the perfect place, and certainly a lot less crowded than most other places, even for the library there in the mansion. Teenagers could get rowdy just about anywhere, and that would be no exception. So, the next best option seemed the dome-shaped part of the mansion in which one could observe the sky during the day or at night, especially at night when the stars were shining in the ink black sky.

But, as Laurie approached the room on the third floor, she found herself stopping some feet from the entrance as she heard someone. It was singing, belonging to a male voice she had not heard before. It was a beautiful yet sad sound. For a moment, the blue crystal-skinned teen found herself just standing in the hall, left ear turned towards the Observatory to listen for a minute or two to Jay's singing, having not heard this song before. She wasn't all for classical all the time and actually left her options for music genres open, but there were those time she came across a song she had never heard and this was one such song. The emotion given into it though made her heart ache a little, having been some time since she had heard so much emotion thrown into one's singing.

There were a few out there, but to hear it so closely and in person was so much more powerful and moving. Laurie had to stop herself from letting the tears well up and quickly blinked her eyes a few times, letting that sadness fade before she took those last few steps to the doorway.

It was towards the end of the last line that Laurie found the source of the singing, which happened to be a young man with red wings. Another flier, but the tears coming down his cheeks made her show some concern. "That was beautiful." Laurie spoke up a bit, standing in the doorway now with her book in hand resting against her leg. "Was that about someone you know?" She inquired in a gentle tone, not wanting to further upset her fellow X-man.
No New Posts
^
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: May 8 2017, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Pretty Bird
Sample Image
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Wings/Healing/Vocal manipulation
Codename: Icarus
Sample Image
Written by: Audrey
Sample Image

At the voice, Jay looked up to find out who it belonged to. He ran his palm over his eyes, one at a time, clearing away lingering wetness, and sniffed to pull himself back together. "Thanks," he replied softly to her compliment. His fingers lingered over the strings of the guitar, not yet playing any notes, but taking solace in the feel of them; his physical connection to the music.

"Someone I knew," he corrected. The weight in his chest ached further and he knew that talking in any more detail wasn't going to happen. So he turned his attention back to the girl. He wondered if she was one of the others who freaked Noah out. But, as a guy with wings, he hardly had room to judge other people's appearances.

"Sorry if you were gunna use this space to study," he assumed from the book. "I wasn't sure how much this room got used. And, it's got really nice acoustics, to be honest." He hoped the girl wouldn't be upset with him taking the space for music. He had a sister that would tell off any sibling that got in the way of her studying, and he'd gotten an earful on multiple occasions for playing or singing too loudly.

"I'm Jay, by the way. Jay Guthrie." He nodded a hello as he introduced himself, his fingers moving to strum idly, and softly.

--------------------
user posted image
No New Posts
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Add Reply Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll