Welcome to X-Men: Unhinged Evolution!
We are an alternate universe X-Men: Evolution roleplaying game that accepts canon/original characters and fun, creative writers. The time is set before season 1.
Mutants are not yet known to the public, but when superpowers are in the hands of hormonal teenagers who knows how long that will last. Professor Xavier is doing his best to delay the process by homing these young mutants and teaching them to control their powers. Magneto and Mystique are doing something similar.
So far, the only mutants living at the Xavier Institute are Ororo and Logan, whereas the Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House is virtually unoccupied.
Who will be next? Who will be the X-Men? Who will be the Brotherhood?
-Your friendly neighborhood admins
| Rules | Premise | Cast List |
| Teams | Playbys | Powers |
| Apply | Canons | The Show |
If you have a question or concern regarding the site, feel free to contact any one of us. We don't bite!
Current Year: 2017
Current Month: February
Current Weather: Cold air, Snows occasionally
Bayville gets slammed with a snow storm in early February and as such the high school is closed for a couple of days. Due to inclement weather, there will be no school February 6th and February 7th. Shovel out your vehicles then run back inside to warm up by the fire with some cocoa.
Don't forget that Winter Break is happening the week of February 20th through the 24th!
Use when starting IC threads:
Year 2017 Calendar
All copyrights reserved, X-Men: Unhinged Evolution is a product of Marvel's Franchise, the X-Men and the TV show series, X-Men: Evolution. No copyright infringement is intended. Unless otherwise stated, all other rights belong to XUE, do not take anything without explicit permission.
Skin Reformat: Adenine
Coding: Mich & Adenine & Sax
Graphics: Adenine & Sax
Sidebar: Dana & Adenine
Kitty Pryde, Shadowcat
Group: X-Men (Admin)
Joined: 14-March 17
Mutant Power: Intangibility
Written by: ThymineCerebro File
| Board History
---------------Full Name: Katherine Anne Pryde
Nickname(s): Kitty, half-pint, short-stack, Nerd
DOB: January 15
Evo Canon, Comics Canon or Original: Canon
Place of residence: Deerfield, Illinois
Occupation: On Call governmental hacker
Year in school: Junior
Weight: 100 lbs
Build: Petite, yet well fed. Good legs, though.
Dress: A little frumpy, a little dumpy, a little grungy, a little chic. She might wear her dad's ratty old college sweatshirt with holes in it one day, or cut off jean shorts and cute leggings the next, who really knows?
Other: Aside from a scar here and there, none.
Play-By: Olivia Luccardi
Likes: Technology, garbage food (Taco Bell), Pokemon, cultural awareness, weed.
Dislikes: Asparagus, corrupt leaders, farms, capital punishment, bad breath.
Goals: Graduate with honors, marry Jewish, die rich.
Fears: Dependence, dirty underwear car crash, tax season.
Strengths: Selective genius, adventurous, advantageous, strong willed.
Weaknesses: Social ineptitude, some paranoia, atrocious at domestic activities.
Best subject: Computational Linguistics
Worst subject: Home Economics
Extracurriculars: Completing mandatory Community Service; Roller Derby
- Dirtbag Weirdo Nerd: Kitty is the smartest garbage can anybody has ever met. While she has genius level qualities to her, she does not fit the stereotypical personality type that might go with that. She does not spend her life with her nose in books, though she is an avid researcher. She's messy, she has little regard for real etiquette, and just likes to be as comfortable as possible. While she is not lazy by any means, she doesn't recognize clutter as a bad thing.
- Social Dunce: Kitty is not a crowd pleaser. She cannot walk into a party and become best friends with everyone around her. She is much better at maintaining long relationships with a selective group who can grow to understand her particular brand of dumb-stuff humor and weird habits. She is terrible at small talk, and even worse at lying, but she has a way of charming even the most stubborn of mules with her off-brand demeanors. She has some whimsy in the way she articulates herself, often favoring comfortable dialogue over proper discourse.
- Aghast Leader: Given her history and experience navigating the hackers community, Kitty has some innate tactical advantages when it comes to field operations. She works best under high pressured circumstances, enabling her to maintain a level of focus others might not have in the same situations. She can stick to a goal while adapting her methods every step of the way when necessary changes must be made. This does not mean that she will find followers to command, but rather that she has an agreeable presence in high stakes scenarios.
Mutant Power(s): Kitty has the ability to create a magnetic repulsion within her body enabling her to achieve the following feats:
Biggest Drawback(s): Kitty is limited by her ability to breathe. If she faints or is unable to regain consciousness for any reason while phasing through an object, she could end up stuck for some time. While her body retains a natural “ejection” method, preventing full tangibility until she is clear of alien matter, this does not prevent suffocation. Certain energy and matter is difficult for her to pass through, which can result in pain, even if she does not show physical damage (example: adamantium)
- Intangibility: Kitty is able to shift her body into an intangible state, allowing her to move, or “phase”, through solid objects. This is achieved by passing her atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the matter she is moving through. She can remain inside a solid object for as long as she can hold her breath. She can selectively choose parts of her body to become intangible, while other parts remain solid. She is able to extend her intangibility to anything she is in physical contact with, including her clothing, other objects, and even other people. The more matter she extends her intangibility to, the harder it is to maintain the state, and the quicker she loses energy and focus.
- Air-Walking: While Kitty is intangible, she does not physically walk on solid ground, but rather maintains a form of hovering, the magnetic repulsion interacting with the space above the ground. This allows her to create the illusion that she is standing. She is able to stand, walk, or run on air as high as she can breath.
- Electronic Interruption: With the right repulsion frequency, electronic equipment is disrupted when she passes through it. Though she does not yet have the know how to control the exact effects, she often shuts down, short circuits, overloads, or even wholesale destroys the equipment. When using this specific effect, she can sometimes create similar effects on other human bodies by interacting with their natural bioelectric waves, enabling her to shock them or induce vertigo.
- Telepathic Resistance: While Kitty is intangible, she creates an innate “white noise” on the psychic plane, somewhat masking her presence. This gives her some resistance to psychic intrusion, though she has no control of this, and it is unreliable at best.
- Unconscious Ejection: Kitty's abilities have a natural safety restriction that prevents wholesale tangibility if she has an object passing through her, or is fully inside an object. If her atoms are phased with other matter for too long, that matter will eventually break apart and be ejected from her body. This prevents her from accidental death, even if she becomes trapped within an object for any reason.
Non-mutant power(s): Selective Genius: Kitty's genius comes in the form of computer science. She understands technology on a fundamental level, giving her unrivaled aptitude in programming, enabling her extremely advanced hacking abilities.
Hometown: Deerfield, Illinois
Birthplace: Deerfield, Illinois
Family: Cameron Pryde (father), Theresa Pryde (mother), Nina Pryde (aunt), Kenneth Pryde (cousin)
Criminal Record: Yes
History: Kitty was born and raised in Deerfield, Illinois to parents Cameron and Theresa. Along with a traditional and, by appearances, “happy” childhood, Kitty exhibited exceptional understanding of computer science from an extremely early age. Considered a savant in the field, she was studying university level material before her tenth birthday, and began hacking into systems before her teens. She became the mysterious hacking personality known as “Sprite”, who found joy in leaving her electronic signature wherever she'd gone. She often participated in “games” with fellow hackers, where they would try to create unhackable systems and battle to find loopholes into others' systems.
At the tender age of twelve, nerdy weirdo Kitty found her way into CIA systems and uncovered mass amounts of classified documentation. With her hacking sphere as large as it'd become, her mysterious alias known all throughout the world, this was a feat that changed her hacking reputation forever. While she was always seen as morally sound, this was a very bad thing that she ended up doing, and solely based on curiosity. While her intention was not necessarily bad, her impact was huge, and the hacking community became fearful of her, tag teaming in order to find her, bring her down, and reveal her true identity. And when it was revealed she was just a twelve year old little girl, the entire hacking community fell into shock.
For such an immense crime, Kitty was sentenced to two years of juvenile detention. However, after falling victim to many girl-fights, getting her ass kicked on a weekly basis, the onset of severe migraines, and otherwise good behavior, Kitty was released after only six months. Her year and a half probationary period consisted of a technological black-out, preventing her from using so much as a basic landline telephone. She spent six months under house arrest, and another three in intensive debriefing with government counselors making she whatever she did know would remain classified. Her probation officer recommended self defense classes as a way to fill the void of her technological blackout, and as a necessity for getting her ass kicked so much in juvie. She also joined a Youth Roller Derby League using the monicker derby name "Darlene" based on her favorite character of all time, Darlene Connor from Roseanne. That would be her new normal for the foreseeable future.
After exemplary behavior, Kitty's probation was halved, allowing her access to a cellular device and some travel. This only lasted a short time before she found herself in trouble again, having used her phone to hack into her middle school's computers. However, the charges were dropped when the authorities were informed she had only done so as part of a class assignment, showing how easily technology can be manipulated.
This led to Kitty being in direct contact with the very people she was in trouble with from the beginning. The CIA contacted her, deciding to drop her remaining probation entirely should she agree to help them on a case. She did so under the new hacking personality “Shroud”, creating advanced firewalls to prevent further hacking, and eventually would be called on several times over for temporarily aiding the government with hacking issues.
It was around this time that Kitty's migraines had begun getting the best of her. Her parents believed it was the stress of the very adult life she'd lived thus far, specialists believed her brand of genius was taking a toll on her, but there were no actual answers and no resolution in sight. She started utilizing medicinal weed to help cope and became a bit of a hippie through the use.
Finally, one day, Kitty woke up from a night terror and found herself dropping straight through her bed, her floor, the main level of her house, all the way down to the basement. Having no clue what had just happened to her, she went about her day trying to mask her disorientation. She chose not to tell anyone, however it became rather challenging to hide when she started uncontrollably phasing through doors. She ended up leaving school early when she wasn't able to pick up any of her lunch because her hands kept moving through it. The only people she informed were her parents, and only because her mother witnessed her powers first hand when Kitty fell through the living room sofa. However, eventually Kitty came to realize those pesky migraines must have been connected to the manifestation of her abilities, because the more she exhibited, the less migraines she had. However, the new fear developed that she'd eventually ghost-out for good.
For the next few years, Kitty was able to maintain her secret while discovering new aspects of her abilities all the time.
Desired Member Title: What?
Recommended By: Ben
Messengers Used: If not here, skype.
Time Zone: US Eastern
Preferred character audition scene: Vouched
Plans or plots you would like to involve your character in: Something fun and groovy.
Joined: 12-March 17
Mutant Power: Lovemaking
Codename: Señor Todopoderoso
Written by: AdenineCerebro File
| Board History
Yes x 100000.
Congratulations! You've been cast as Kitty Pryde a.k.a. Shadowcat
! Welcome aboard!
Read your acceptance packet
for what you should do next.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)