Welcome to X-Men: Unhinged Evolution!

We are an alternate universe X-Men: Evolution roleplaying game that accepts canon/original characters and fun, creative writers. The time is set before season 1.

Mutants are not yet known to the public, but when superpowers are in the hands of hormonal teenagers who knows how long that will last. Professor Xavier is doing his best to delay the process by homing these young mutants and teaching them to control their powers. Magneto and Mystique are doing something similar.

So far, the only mutants living at the Xavier Institute are Ororo and Logan, whereas the Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House is virtually unoccupied.
Who will be next? Who will be the X-Men? Who will be the Brotherhood?

You decide.

Happy roleplaying!
-Your friendly neighborhood admins

| Rules | Premise | Cast List |
| Teams | Playbys | Powers |
| Apply | Canons | The Show |

username:
password:

Guanine
Adenine
Thymine
Cytosine

If you have a question or concern regarding the site, feel free to contact any one of us. We don't bite!

Current Year: 2017
Current Month: February
Current Weather: Cold air, Snows occasionally

Bayville gets slammed with a snow storm in early February and as such the high school is closed for a couple of days. Due to inclement weather, there will be no school February 6th and February 7th. Shovel out your vehicles then run back inside to warm up by the fire with some cocoa.

Don't forget that Winter Break is happening the week of February 20th through the 24th!

Use when starting IC threads:
Year 2017 Calendar

Listed At Mutant Revolution Online | Nexus: Redefined | | HH | ACADEMY X | We Are Warriors | | ANTIGRAVITY | MutantNova | FLAWED GENETICS | X-Men: Grandchildren of the Atom | X-Fusion | |

Vote for us!
| RPG Initiative Topsites

RPG-D

All copyrights reserved, X-Men: Unhinged Evolution is a product of Marvel's Franchise, the X-Men and the TV show series, X-Men: Evolution. No copyright infringement is intended. Unless otherwise stated, all other rights belong to XUE, do not take anything without explicit permission.

Skin Reformat: Adenine
Coding: Mich & Adenine & Sax
Graphics: Adenine & Sax
Sidebar: Dana & Adenine

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The Grand Tour, Tag: Jay
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Group: X-Men (Admin)
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Water Repulsion
Codename: Hydro
Sample Image
Written by: Adenine
Cerebro File | Board History
Sample Image

Sunday, February 5, 2:00 PM.
Tag: Jay Guthrie

"Phew." Noah breathed a sigh of relief and dusted off his hands after helping his new roommate carry his bags all the way from the front gate to his (their?) bedroom on the second floor. "That's everything, right?" he asked just to be sure, flashing the handsome Southern boy the friendliest of smiles. "Great! Now we can begin the tour," Noah beamed, maybe a little too much, and headed out the door. He was both nervous and excited. Mostly nervous. Never did he think he would be giving a tour of the X-Mansion, being relatively new himself, but he couldn't help but volunteer when the Professor asked. He knew the place well enough, having been living here for over three weeks, and he knew it'd be the perfect way to get to know his new roommate, Jay Guthrie, who he imagined himself spending a lot of time with from now on. Well, maybe. Hopefully.

"So, this is where all of us sleep," Noah explained as he walked down a long stretch of hallway. "Well, most of us," he amended, then immediately wished he hadn't. He guessed Jay would find out about his weird sleeping habits soon enough, but he didn't want to rush the process. A part of him even thought having a roommate might help him sleep in his own bed more easily.

"Aaliyah and Kitty live here. Clarice lives here. X-23 lives here. Kyle lives here," he said, pointing to each bedroom door he passed before making a left at the corner. "Oh, I almost forgot," Noah spat out, smacking himself in the forehead with a palm, and stopped in his tracks. "I'm such a bad tour guide," he muttered to himself, his smile widening with embarrassment, before asking, "Do you, um, have any questions? About the school or anything?"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Pretty Bird
Sample Image
Group: X-Men
Sample Image
Mutant Power: Wings/Healing/Vocal manipulation
Codename: Icarus
Sample Image
Written by: Audrey
Sample Image

"Mom, can you please, just stop," Jay groaned as he took his bags from the trunk of the cab to the woman who had followed him to the back end of the idling car.

"Stop what, Jay? I just want you to be okay."

"By 'okay' you mean you want me to forget everything that happened in the last year; forget Julia."

"That's not true. But that girl--"

"/Julia/. God, mom!" Frustrated, he grabbed his last item, his guitar case and turned toward the gates of the building, open and waiting for him to enter.

The woman sighed. "Okay. I'm sorry hun... I honest and truly am. But the way you've been lately, you need to take some time to focus on you, without you having to worry about the rest of us."

Jay's shoulders shrugged, rolling the straps of his bags to a move comfortable position. The breeze in the air was biting cold and for once, he was more comfortable wearing the coat that hid his wings. He was silent for a moment and then shook his head, "You wanted me to come here for you, not for me. So it's not on your head if I try to hurt myself again."

"Jay..."

"I'd better go."

"Joshua." The single word, uttered by the small but formidable woman made the boy freeze more than the weather ever could. Jay turned to look back at her, and she put a hand to his cheek. "I love you."

Jay knew that she wanted to hear it back. It would have meant the world for him to say it. Deep down, he wanted to. He wanted to hug her and have her hold him, stroking his hair like when he was a little boy and fell off his bike. But he had a wound that she couldn't kiss better. And those words, they hurt too much for him to utter. And while he loved her, because, of course he did, he was angry with her for sending him to New York. So, he stepped back.

"They're waiting for me..."

Halfway down the drive, he glanced back, catching a view of the cab driving away. Then he sighed and headed the rest of the way in.

----------------------------------

A few minutes later, he was following along after another boy, he'd learned was named Noah, who would be his roommate. He set his guitar case and one of his duffel bags (Noah had offered to carry his other suitcase for him) next to one of the beds.

Noah seemed like a good guy, if a little...chipper. Jay was doing his best to be appreciative of the help, although he didn't much care for a tour. He had never wanted to come here. But, he was here, so, he may as well try and suck it up.

"Hang on a sec," he asked Noah and before they left the room, he took off his coat, leaving it behind on the bed. His wings flexed a little, glad to be free from confinement. "That's better," he said, offering the other boy a soft smile.

As they walked, jay tucked his hands into his pockets, trying to remember the names of those Noah mentioned. Some girls...a weird number...was that a name?.. And another boy. Then they stopped so that he could ask questions.

"Well, I expect school is pretty much just school. But, this place...a house for mutants--that's what we're supposed to be called, right?-- it's a bit weird, don't you think? I supposed you just get used to it though, after a while. But, it kinda feels like living in a zoo."

--------------------
user posted image
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

From the moment he first laid eyes on Jay, Noah knew he was special. And it had nothing to do with the fact he was a mutant. Everything about him just screamed interesting. From his longish red hair to his quirky Southern accent... to the giant guitar he lugged around. Come to think of it, Noah had never met anyone before who played the guitar. He wondered what it'd sound like in person. Asking him to play for him could be taken the wrong way, though, and the last thing he wanted was for his new roommate to think he was gay. Unless he was, too? Oh, he hoped so.

Just when Noah thought the boy couldn't possibly be any more intriguing, Jay took off his coat, revealing what he had been hiding underneath. Wings. Like an angel, only they were red-colored and real. In a mixture of surprise and awe, Noah couldn't help but widen his eyes and stare before realizing his unbridled reaction might have offended him in some way. Not wanting him to feel any more different than he probably already felt, Noah quickly slapped on a smile and averted his gaze as though it was no big deal. As badly as he wanted to keep looking at them. And touch them. Resist.

"Ready?" he asked, signalling to Jay to follow as he walked out into the hallway, where Noah tried to to stay a couple of steps in front of Jay for fear of getting distracted by his big, mesmerizing wings. Eventually, though, he had to stop and turn around.

QUOTE (Jay Guthrie)
"Well, I expect school is pretty much just school. But, this place...a house for mutants--that's what we're supposed to be called, right?-- it's a bit weird, don't you think? I supposed you just get used to it though, after a while. But, it kinda feels like living in a zoo."

A few small chuckles escaped Noah's lips as he nodded. "It is weird. Really weird," he agreed, trying really hard not to look at Jay's wings. "But yeah, you get used to it. Kind of," he said, remembering the first time he met Clarice and Laurie, both of whom lacked visible pupils and normal-colored skin, and how Jean startled him with her telekinesis only yesterday in the kitchen. "To be honest, there are a few mutants here that still, you know, freak me out," he admitted with an embarrassed smile. "At least when they're not using their image inducers... or moving cereal boxes with their minds without warning me first. Don't tell them I said that, though, please," he begged, his face all of a sudden painted with worry.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Pretty Bird
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Jay offered the other teen a dismissive wave of his hand, and assured him, "Your secret's safe with me." And it was easily noticed how Noah kept trying not to look at him, or rather, his wings. "You know, it's okay if you look at 'em. You don't have to pretend like you didn't just find out your new room mate has /wings/," he smirked, congenially amused.

"My band and I used to use them on stage, to wow the crowd. No one ever thought they were real though; we even made a show of 'puttin' 'em away' at the end of the set. Not having to hide them all the time is the one good thing about having to come here." That might have come out a bit more harsh than he'd meant it to, but Jay was still coming to terms with being shipped off from his home. "I mean, I'm sure it's fine here and all, it's just..." he shrugged slightly, "Homesick already, I guess."

Jay stepped forward, walking past Noah and by doing so, allowing Noah better view of the wings he so wished to admire. "Image inducers, yeah...I'm supposed to get one of those for being at school. So, others that need them freak you out, but I don't?" he asked with a wry quirk of his lips. He was just teasing though, and didn't wait for an answer before encouraging, "So, what else does this place have?"

--------------------
user posted image
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 12:38 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Noah's face broke into a relieved smile. For some reason, he believed Jay when he said he wouldn't tell anyone; there was just something about him that made Noah trust him. Maybe it was the angel wings, which he caught himself staring at again. Resist! he repeated in his head, averting his gaze. Hopefully, he didn't notice.

QUOTE (Jay Guthrie)
"You know, it's okay if you look at 'em. You don't have to pretend like you didn't just find out your new room mate has /wings/"

Ugh. Noah buried his face in one hair, an embarrassed smile stretching across his face. "Yeah..." he muttered, secretly wishing he could turn invisible as he looked at Jay through his fingers. Luckily, though, Jay didn't seem to care; in fact, he said it was perfectly normal for him to want to look.

Noah perked up with genuine interest and curiosity when Jay started sharing more about himself, letting his hand drop to his side. He used to be in a band and use his wings as stage props? "That's so cool," he said, his smile wide.

But then Jay's tone changed for the worst, and Noah instantly felt the need to comfort him. "Yeah, it's hard. When I first came here, I was calling my parents every day... It gets better, though. You'll like it here, trust me," he assured him with a confident nod. "The only thing you might not like are the Danger Room sessions... But they should be easier for you since you can fly."

QUOTE (Jay Guthrie)
"Image inducers, yeah...I'm supposed to get one of those for being at school. So, others that need them freak you out, but I don't?"

Noah ran his fingers through his hand nervously as they continued down the hall, feeling his heart jump every time Jay's gaze slammed into his. "But you look..." More normal? Beautiful? Sexy? "I mean, it's kind of hard to get freaked out by an angel."

QUOTE (Jay Guthrie)
"So, what else does this place have?"

Oh, right. I'm a tour guide, he remembered. "Um, what doesn't this place have? You'll see. Come on." Noah stopped at the nearest elevator and waved for Jay to follow.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Pretty Bird
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Jay's brow quirked at the mention of the Danger Room. That had better be in the school manual. "Danger Room? That definitely needs to be on the tour," he noted to his host. They continued down the hallway, toward the elevator, when something else Noah said made Jay pause. The word made felt like ice inside of his chest, making him feel just as cold.

"Satan was an angel once too, before he fell from grace," he replied as a point of fact. He didn't like the idea of being thought of as something so pure and good as that. Especially now that the only soul he knew that was good enough to be one, was now in Heaven. His smile had faded, his facade of being 'okay' cracking. "Please don't refer to me as that," he asked of Noah. His voice wasn't angry, more just, sad.

In the effort to pull himself out of the tailspin, he changed the topic slightly. "Icarus. I prefer that as my...mutant name? Code name? Whatever we're calling it. Have you read that story, in Greek mythology?"

The elevator 'ding'ed and Jay followed Noah into it.

--------------------
user posted image
No New Posts
^
Noah Crichton
 Posted: May 15 2017, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Fish out of water
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image
Sample Image

Noah raised his eyebrows in surprise when Jay said he wanted to see the Danger Room. "I don't have access, but don't worry, you'll see the Danger Room soon enough... and you'll hate every second of it." Bad tour guide, his brain reprimanded. "I mean, unless you like having to dodge lasers." Noah averted his gaze, all of a sudden feeling tense as he recalled the moment he was too much of a coward to help Clarice when she first arrived. Maybe he still was? Jay, on the other hand, seemed brave. Why else would he be so eager to see the Danger Room? He'd make a great X-Man. Unlike me.

"Satan was an angel once too, before he fell from grace."

Noah stared at Jay for a moment with wide eyes, unsure whether or not to laugh. He sounded too serious to be joking, but how could he not be? Unless he was super religious or something. "Um. True," Noah said with a chuckle. Then Jay told him to never to call him an angel again. Shit, he is super religious. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... offend you." he sputtered out nervously.

Luckily, Jay didn't hold it against him. Phew. "Icarus. Cool." Noah smiled in relief. "I haven't read the story, but I've heard of it. The guy who flew too close to the sun, right? I forget why, though." Noah walked into the elevator as soon as it opened, then moved over to make room for Jay and his large wings. It would be a tighter fit than he was used to, but he didn't mind. In Noah's opinion, the less space there was between them the better. Jay probably didn't feel the same way, though, especially since he was so religious. Then again, he also seemed to like Greek mythology...

When they finally arrived at the sub-basement, Noah stepped out of the elevator and into a pristine metal hallway. "Cool, right?"

((Sorry for the massive delay!))

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Moon Child!
No New Posts
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Add Reply Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll